One of the cutest and most creative puzzle games that flew under a lot of folks’ radars last year was Greg Lobanov‘s unique color-’em-up, Chicory: A Colorful Tale.
Now, following the game’s release on PS4, PS5, Nintendo Switch, and PC, the brainchild behind Chicory: A Colorful Tale has shared a brief tease for his next video game project.
Taking to Twitter yesterday, Lobanov dropped a short message and an animated GIF of a two-legged fox-like critter, which you can check out below:
As you can see above, the tweet is fairly light on specifics, but the cutesy art-style that made Chicory: A Colorful Tale such a, well… colorful tale is out in full force in this wee GIF of a fox-like creature. I mean, just look how adorbs it is, right?
Of course, there’s no release window or any other details beyond the aforementioned tweet, but Lobanov does say that he, “can’t wait to talk more about it!!!!!!” and that he, “hope[s] to share details in 2022”. As soon as we hear more, we’ll be sure to let you know.
For more information about Chicory: A Colorful Tale, here’s an official description per the game’s Steam page:
Chicory: A Colorful Tale is a top-down adventure game in a coloring book world where you can draw on anything. Use your painting powers to explore new places, solve puzzles, help your friends, and change the world!
Something terrible happened. Chicory, superstar artist and wielder of the Brush, is missing, and all the color in the land vanished with her. It’s up to you, Chicory’s number one fan, to pick up the Brush and fill in for her. It’s a big job… but you’re ready for it! Probably!
– Explore the Picnic Province, and paint on anything!
– Solve puzzles and manipulate the environment with paint.
– Unlock new paint abilities and use them to reach new places.
– Dress up how you want with collectible clothes, plants, and furniture.
– Discover a world full of 100+ animal characters.
– Experience 10+ hours of gameplay and dozens of side quests including mail delivery, art classes, photo taking, and more.
– Play with your friends and paint together in local co-op!
– Featuring audio design by Em Halberstadt and A Shell in the Pit (Untitled Goose Game, Night in the Woods)
– And an original soundtrack by Lena Raine! (Celeste, Minecraft)
Chicory: A Colorful Tale is available to purchase now for PS4, PS5, Nintendo Switch, and PC.
The post Chicory: A Colorful Tale Developer Shares Intriguing Tease For Next Project appeared first on Twinfinite.