Today Aerosoft announced that update 126.96.36.199 for its excellent CRJ 550/700 add-on for Microsoft Flight Simulator is coming “very soon.”
While they may have added only one digit to the version number, the update is very sizable, with plenty of substantial tweaks and a new livery belonging to IBEX, a Japanese airline belonging to the ANA group and only CRJ 700 operator in the country.
You can see approximately what it looks like above, even if it’s actually my version of the livery since the official one isn’t available just yet.
Relevant are the tweaks to the weight and balance calculation, which should adjust the formula for the take-off trim to be more precise.
You can read the full patch notes below.
– Exterior lights reworked (volumetric effects)
– Nav-to-Nav Transfer should now switch to nav source VOR/LOC if just one NAV is tuned to an ILS
– Magnetic to true course correction for localizers
– Added function to delete constraints on the LEGS page
– Added IBEX livery
– Custom glide slope hold function
– GLD system now includes spoiler extension on RTO
– Further improvements on throttle control
– Flight model update for spoiler effects
– Fixed IAS/Mach pushbutton not working on the ground
– Increased “green range” for aileron and rudder trim indication on ED2
– Aileron trim now showing properly when between 40 degrees and sim limit
– Fixed missing “A” in HPA in PFD baro indication
– Fixed a CTD when entering a custom waypoint into and empty ALTN FPLN
– Fixed an endless loop (CTD in MSFS) that could occur when calculating a 180 degree DME Arc or Rad Fix leg
– Fixed a double Lbs to KG conversion on the EFB ZFW page
– Improved throttle control (less N1 drops)
– Fixed COM frequency swap
– Fixed selecting COM frequency into scratchpad on FMS radio page
– Fixed flickering RAM AIR OPEN light
– Fixed mouse wheel direction of HOT/COLD switches
– Removed “roll over” effect from the fuel panel mode knob
– Fixed HGS no longer drawing when unpowered
– PA/CHIME/CALL/EMER animations fixed
– Fixed Yoke trim switches
– Fixed ISI glideslope indication only half of that in the PFD
– Fixed COM frequency display on RADIO page
– Added page index and count to RADIO page
– Fixed ZFW data entry limitation
– Added colored background for active EFB data entry fields
– Added “Parking Brake set” as condition for state changes
– Fixed flight spoiler CAS message
– Fixed “FlightDeck Sounds” EFB setting not saved
– Several fixes to avoid CTDs when selecting arrival without having a departure airport set
– Fixed ZFW direct entries on loadsheet
– Limited ZFW direct entry to the range from MZFW and MTOW
– Fixed a bug which could lead to negative passenger weights
– Refuel Panel stops fueling when parking brake is not set (plus fault light is ON, when attempted)
– Added visual mouse click feedback to EFB
– Reworked colors in EFB
– Several sound volume changes in MSFS
Recently, we published our massive interview with head of Microsoft Flight Simulator Jorg Neumann, who provided a lot of new info about the present and future of the sim. A few days ago, we also got to hear more, including a trailer for World Update 4 which will feature France and Benelux.
If you’d like to read more about Microsoft Flight Simulator add-ons, you can enjoy our recent reviews of the PA-28R Arrow III, Kristiansand Airport, Macau City & Airport, Bonaire Flamingo Airport, Milano Linate Airport, the Singapore City Pack, Tokyo Narita Airport, Yao Airport, the F-15 Eagle, the Paris City Pack, Greater Moncton Airport, Tweed New Haven Airport, Santorini Airport, Sydney Airport, Helsinki-Vantaa Airport, Reggio Calabria Airport, Bastia Poretta Airport, Munich Airport, Paris Orly Airport, Newcastle International Airport, Sankt Johann Airfield, Dublin International Airport, and Seoul City Wow. We also have a beta preview of Singapore Changi airport.
If you want to learn more about the game itself, you can read our review that will tell you everything you need to know about Asobo Studio’s game.
Microsoft Flight Simulator is already available for Windows 10 and Steam and will release in summer 2021 for Xbox Series X ad Series S.
The post Microsoft Flight Simulator CRJ Update Detailed by Aerosoft; Coming “Very Soon” appeared first on Twinfinite.