Phasmophobia was the big indie horror hit of 2020, quickly skyrocketing its way to the top of the Steam charts and sitting there for a good long while. The game was also developed by just one person, Dknighter from the UK, who founded Kinetic Games.
A new update has just been pushed out for Phasmophobia, and alongside that, Dknighter has also announced the expansion of Kinetic Games as he’s brought on an experienced artist and programmer to come and help with development of the game. Dknighter explains that with how popular the game has been, and considering his plans for future content, it was finally time to bring in more help.
And of course, listed below are the patch notes for the latest update, which adds two new ghost types and other quality-of-life improvements:
- Added a new ghost type Yokai.
- Added a new ghost type Hantu.
- Added a new daily challenge “Capture a 3 star ghost photo”.
- Added a new daily challenge “Capture a Dirty Water photo”.
- Added a way to reset corrupt save files. This is a very rare occurrence, if you get this please join our discord and ask for help.
- Added a profanity filter for user and server names. Please report if your name is not offensive and is being caught by this.
- Added a sell button in the item store that will give you back 50% of the price.
- Added text to show the name of the level below the map in the truck.
- Added a confirmation timer if you change your resolution.
- Added a new small house map called Willow Street House. This map has no closets or lockers to hide inside and has been designed around hiding behind furniture.
There are also several other tweaks and fixes included in this update, which you can read about here. Phasmophobia is now available via Steam early access.
The post New Phasmophobia Update Adds New Ghost Types; Kinetic Games Hires New Artist & Programmer appeared first on Twinfinite.