With Sifu breaking onto the scene with its stylish action and challenging gameplay, developers Sloclap have every reason to continue supporting the game. Following the sharing of the upcoming roadmap for the brawler, the first of the big updates coming to Sifu is now live in the form of patch 1.08.
The Spring 2022 content update has some key features that will matter to players of all skill levels. The first is expanded difficulty options, adding to the original Disciple setting with the easier Student difficulty and the harder Master difficulty. A new advanced training mode will also allow players to practise their moves against the various enemies or bosses, giving you more mastery over your martial arts prowess.
In addition, patch 1.08 for Sifu implements the new outfit feature, where players can change the main character’s outfit in the Wuguan, together with support for dark mode and other UI improvements.
Here are the full details of patch 1.08 for Sifu:
Sifu Patch 1.08 Notes
Design – Outfits:
- Added an interactive wardrobe in the Wuguan for Outfit selection
- Added 3 new outfits with unlock conditions
Design – Training room:
- Added most of the in-game enemies types : When you fight and defeat any enemy, you unlock them in the training room, allowing you to train and fight against advanced archetypes and the bosses.
- Added the possibility to fight multiple enemies at once.
- Added the possibility to redo the tutorial.
Design – Difficulty Settings:
Student Difficulty (Easy Mode):
- More life and structure for the Main Character
- Enemies are less aggressive
- Enemies are less reactive in defense
- Simplified patterns for various archetypes and bosses
- The Death Counter cannot go beyond 1
- Better shrine rewards
Disciple Difficulty (Normal Mode):
- The original Sifu experience
Master Difficulty (Hard Mode):
- Less life and structure for the Main Character
- More life and structure for various enemies
- Enemies are more aggressive
- Enemies are more reactive in defense
- New patterns for bosses
Design – Hotfixes:
- Fixed the Juggernaut ability to retaliate while defending
- Quicker post parry follow-up with various weapons
- The camera is further away when surrounded by enemies during takedowns and focus
- Fixed issues with 21/9 display screens
- Fixed video looping issue on PS5
- Various rendering fixes for low quality mode
- Fixed some streaming issues
- Fixed some minor texturing issues for Yang’s 3D models
- Add a “Dark Mode” display option to switch between light and dark backgrounds in the -menus, light backgrounds are now slightly less bright
- Popups now warn you more clearly about important choices
- More discreet XP box in HUD
- Clearer feedback when a focus bar is full
- Various keyboard inputs display fixes
- Audio output format selection
- Fix some unwanted behaviour on surround audio systems
Sifu is now available on PC and consoles.